Fabric, wool and haberdashery
Beginners session on exploring ‘Trapunto Quilting’ technique.
Using photographed imagery and actual gathered ammonite fossils from ‘Kilve Beach’, to inspire the shape and form on a 2D surface, the workshop will develop these initially stitched shapes by the further addition of adding stuffing from the reverse to create a 3D effect.
Suitable outcomes could be a framed piece, or for a cushion front or a larger quilt centre.
Level of Experience
This workshop is suitable for the enquiring beginner to the more confident textile artist.
Materials / Equipment required by Attendees
- 3 x 25cm x 25cm white poly cotton
- 2x 25cm x 25cm of quilting wadding or similar
- 25g of polyester stuffing
- A selection of embroidery threads or Pearle in ivory, cream, beige and sand colours
- A small selection of beads in suitable colours to image
- Grey machine thread
- Hand sewing needles
- Sharp embroidery needles
- Tweezers to stuff with
- Frixion pen or similar to mark and disappear
- Sewing machine
If you do not have a Sewing Machine, or don’t want to bring your own, you can use one of our latest Brother demonstration machines for the nominal fee of £3.00 per session.
Duration and Price
6 Hours, £30