Fabric, wool and haberdashery
Following on from the previous Beginners sewing class:
- Learn how to decipher the strange code of garment patterns
- Adapt the pattern to suit your measurements
- Get to grips with laying out large pattern pieces onto fabric
- Understand the importance of lining up the fabric’s straight of grain
- Working with a simple pyjama pattern you’ll quickly understand how to go from pattern, to fabric, to machine.
- Pattern option includes Ladies, kid’s and Men’s.
- Recap basic sewing machine skills
- Discussing pattern
- Choosing fabric
- Sizing pattern to fit
- Learn to read a garment pattern
Week 2 and 3
In the next two sessions you’ll make your first Hand-made garment, a super comfy pair of pyjama bottoms. You’ll learn how to cut out, tack together and adjust the rise of your Trousers, attach a waistband, insert button holes, add a patch pocket and do some narrow hemming.
Level of Experience
This class is suitable for intermediate or those who have previously attended the Beginners sewing class
Materials / Equipment required by Attendees
A detailed materials list will be available nearer the time of the class.
Duration and Price
9 Hours over 3 weeks, £60