Fabric, wool and haberdashery
Make this lovely table runner on a one day workshop in a fabric theme of your choosing, at the same time learning the ‘Bargello’ method of piecing and moving.
Once you have mastered ‘Bargello’ you can then go on to experiment and create many different patterns and products.
The finished size of the table runner is 19” x 54”.
This workshop requires some preparation of fabrics in advance
Level of Experience
This class is suitable for intermediate to advanced.
Materials / Equipment required by Attendees
- 20cm x 10 different fabrics in graduating colour/design scheme, of each different fabric 3 x 2 ½” (width of fabric – 44”) strips
- Co-ordinating thread
- 22” x 58” Wadding
- 22” x 58” Backing. If using 44” width this can be pieced by using 30”/.75m piece of fabric
Nb. Once you have completed piecing your table runner you will have some fabric strips left over that you can then use to experiment different strip arrangements with making place mats, utensil mats or other decorative items.
- Rotary Cutter – a new blade would be helpful!
- Cutting Mat
- Cutting Ruler
- Sewing Machine (if you have ¼” piecing foot, walking foot, free motion foot, applique foot and 505 spray – these would all be helpful)
If you do not have a Sewing Machine, or don’t want to bring your own, you can use one of our latest Brother demonstration machines for the nominal fee of £3.00 per session.
In advance of this workshop please complete the following :
- Make a note or on offcuts of each fabric label each different one with a number from 1 to 10, 10 being the darkest and 1 being the lightest
- From each fabric cut 3 x 2 ½” strips
- Arrange your fabrics into your chosen graduated order
- Stitch fabric strips together along the length of the fabrics (44”), so that you have 3 x sets of 10 fabric strips. (To avoid ‘warping’ stitch your fabric strips into pairs first then join altogether.)
Duration and Price
6 Hours, £25
The maximum number of attendees for this workshop is 6
Places on workshops are secured by a £10 cash deposit at the time of booking and balance payable on the day direct to the workshop leader.