Fabric, wool and haberdashery
Make a lampshade to match your upholstery, curtains, wallpaper or any room theme.
Our kits enable you to make a professional looking Drum Lampshade with the covering of your choice, that can be used as a Pendant (ceiling), or with a suitable Table Lamp.
- Cut your covering to size, it needs to be bigger than the lampshade panel.
- Working from the edge stick the panel down onto your covering.
- Using a cutting tool trim the surplus covering from the panel, then peel off the PVC edges.
- Apply a strip of double sided tape to the edge of the panel on the PVC side, this will be used to join the lampshade together at the seam.
- Apply the double sided tape to the outside of the lampshade rings.
- Place sticky rings along the PVC edge of the panel, start rolling them down the panel keeping in line with the PVC edge.
- When you get to the overlap remove the release paper from the double sided tape you applied earlier and let the panels come together, position the join and press from inside the shade.
- Tuck fabric into the ring and use the serrated edge of the tool provided to push the covering behind the ring.
- Use the smooth side of the tool to finish the tucking process.
- Place the tool behind the ring and run it round the whole lampshade.
Full detailed, illustrated instructions are contained in the kit.