Fabric, wool and haberdashery
In this one day workshop with Lyn you should be able to complete either a cockerel or hen, the choice is yours!
You will also be provided with the full patterns enabling you to complete it’s companion at home in your own time.
You will use a mixture of hand and machine stitching techniques to complete this delightful project using your own chosen fabrics to suit your décor or requirements.
Level of Experience
Suitable for intermediate stitchers.
Materials / Equipment required by Attendees
The fabric requirements stated below will be sufficient to make both the cockerel and the hen, unless otherwise advised.
- 0.75 metre of fabric for body
- 3 x 0.5 metres of a co-ordinated fabric for tails & wings
- 0.5 metre wadding
- 0.25 metre Yellow/Gold fabric for legs, feet & beak
- 0.75 metre Calico for lining
- Odd pieces of Red fabric (felt/flannel) for comb & wattles
- 400g Polyester Stuffing – (For ONE chicken)
- Linen thread for binding legs
- Wire for Legs and Tails will be available to buy on the day for £5
- Basic sewing kit
- Long needle
- Small black beads or buttons for eyes
- Sewing Machine
If you do not have a Sewing Machine, or don’t want to bring your own, you can use one of our latest Brother demonstration machines for the nominal fee of £3.00 per session.
Duration and Price
6 Hours – £25