Fabric, wool and haberdashery
Why not show off your textile skills with a fabric Christmas wreath or swag.
Learn how to make handmade fabric decorations to create beautiful designs for this Christmas. In this masterclass, you will explore a different range of techniques and designs to make your Christmas decoration.
Level of Experience
This class is suitable for the beginner to the intermediate.
Materials / Equipment required by Attendees
Wreath type decisions : To Plait your wreath or Tie onto a metal frame wreath?
- Plaited Wreath is 12cm x 113cm lengths x3 tubes (seam allowance 1cm) please choose appropriate mixture of pattern and two plain fabrics in cotton and poly cotton. 300g of toy stuffing
- Tied Wreath is 12cm x 12cm squares x 5 sections NB: divide your fabric squares into equal quantities of 5 x 16 of equally mixed squares, such as scraps and stashes of small pieces of mixed plain and patterned fabrics in similar Christmas themed patterns and plains and hessian etc. Note: You will also need a metal wreath frame which can be provided for £3.00 each if required.
*For both wreaths to make the flowers and decorations you will need ¼ metre lengths or craft squares of felt in Red, Green and White. You may also wish to bring trimmings: gold, silver, plain colours and themed pieces of ribbon, trims, braids and embellishments. (Even small fur-cones could be incorporated into the designs)
- A mixture of machine threads to suit colours of fabrics chosen
- For plaited wreath you will need something to push stuffing down long tubes (chop stick works well as it is blunt)
- Small scissors and fabric scissors for cutting out
- Paper scissors for cutting out pattern
- Hand sewing needles
- Sewing machine…only straight stitch and possibly zig zag …nothing too fancy used for this project
If you do not have a Sewing Machine, or don’t want to bring your own, you can use one of our latest Brother demonstration machines for the nominal fee of £3.00 per session.
Duration and Price
6 Hours, £30