Fabric, wool and haberdashery
In this workshop we will make a Christmas Wall Hanging measuring 24” x 35”.
It is a great way of using up small fabric strips from your stash or new season fabrics, a relatively simple construction but resulting in a stunning effect.
In this one day workshop we will aim to make the panel, sandwich and quilt it.
Level of Experience
Not suitable for beginners to patchworking. Accurate cutting is required, along with lots of machine stitching.
Materials / Equipment required by Attendees
- The main tree is made up of 2” strips. You will need at least 150” length in total, and a mix of no less than four different fabrics – these should be cut ready in advance of the workshop. Try to avoid obvious one way designs
- 80cm Border fabric (you will have enough left over for some of the above 2” strips, tree trunk and star if desired)
- 80cm Background Fabric
- 3.2m x 2” fabric for binding
- Fabric for tree trunk (1 ½” x 3”)
- Fabric for star (5” square)
- Fabric for backing (24” x 35”)
- Wadding (24” x 35”)
- Co-ordinating thread
- Fuse-a-web – will be supplied
- Basic Sewing Kit
- Cutting mat and Rotary Cutter
- Cutting Ruler – no less than 12” length
- Sewing Machine (including 1/4” piecing foot)
If you do not have a Sewing Machine, or don’t want to bring your own, you can use one of our latest Brother demonstration machines for the nominal fee of £3.00 per session.
Duration and Price
6 Hours. £25 per person
The maximum number of attendees for this workshop is 8
Places on workshops are secured by a £10 cash deposit at the time of booking and balance payable on the day direct to the workshop leader.