Fabric, wool and haberdashery
- Threads opening hours will be 09.30am to 4.00pm Monday to Friday, 09.30am to 3.00pm Saturday.
- We would reiterate H.M. Government’s position, that if you are feeling unwell or are displaying Covid symptoms, however mild – STAY HOME, DO NOT COME TO THE SHOP. If you require something use our ordering and delivery service.
- We are limiting the number of customers to a maximum of FOUR (providing they are in different areas of the shop). Please try to shop either on your own or with just one other person from your household or your carer. If bringing your children in is unavoidable, please ensure they are closely supervised and do not touch anything.
- To avoid having to unnecessarily touch doors or handles, and if the weather permits, our door will be open. Please wait outside in the designated queuing area observing safe social distance until it is clear to enter.
- Gloves should not be worn in the shop. There is a hand sanitiser dispenser at the entrance of the shop and would request all customers use this.
- In line with HM Government regulations everyone entering the shop must wear Face covering at all times. If you do not have your own, we can provide disposable masks for a fee of £1.00. Other masks are also available to purchase. Children over 11 years would also be required to wear face covering. If you are unable to wear a face covering, we can serve you outside whilst maintaining safe social distance or we can make appointments for you to come to the shop after we close at 4pm to browse in the shop with no other customers present whilst maintaining safe social distance to staff.
- We understand in our small shop it will be difficult to follow the social distancing guidelines, but please show consideration to others when moving around in the shop.
- Please do not lean on the cutting table and if waiting for service please observe safe queuing distance.
- PLEASE do not touch anything unnecessarily.
- Handles, doors and surfaces will be cleaned regularly with alcohol sanitiser.
- Please use contactless payment if possible (card, apple pay, android pay, etc), please avoid paying in cash wherever possible, however for small amounts we would appreciate cash.
Ordering, Collection and Deliveries
For the time being we will continue to take orders over the telephone or by e mail and will deliver locally, or dispatch by post or courier. If an order is placed before 4.00pm (3.00pm Saturday) and if the item/s is in stock, it will be delivered that afternoon subject to location.
We anticipate a daily delivery schedule as follows :
- Minehead, Porlock and in between : Daily
- Dunster and beyond : Monday, Wednesday and Friday (small orders may be posted)
Deliveries will be made after 4pm
We will take card payment over the phone.
To reduce the number of customers coming into the shop and/or requesting deliveries we will also offer a collection service. Phone or email your order and pay as above, and we will prepare your order ready for collection from the shop before 3pm (2.00pm Saturday). Come to the door or stay in your car outside and we will come out with your order.
We have a good supply of all products; wool, fabrics, haberdashery, books, sewing kits, sewing machines the list is endless, see our shop page for more details.
We would like to thank our customers who have supported us over the past difficult weeks.