Fabric, wool and haberdashery
Re opening for trading from Monday 15 June.
(Pending easing of HM Government restrictions)
- Threads opening hours will be 09.30am to 3.00pm Monday to Friday, 09.30am to 2.00pm Saturday.
- We would reiterate the Governments position, that if you are feeling unwell or are displaying Covid symptoms, however mild – STAY HOME, DO NOT COME TO THE SHOP. If you require something use our ordering and delivery service.
- We are limiting the number of customers in the shop to TWO at a time. Please try to shop either on your own or with just one other person from your household or your carer. If bringing your children in is unavoidable, please ensure they are closely supervised and do not touch anything.
- To avoid having to unnecessarily touch doors or handles, and if the weather permits, our door will be open. Please wait outside in the designated queuing area observing safe social distance until it is clear to enter.
- Gloves must not be worn in the shop. There will be hand sanitiser available at the entrance and would request all customers use this.
- In the interests of the safety of ourselves and our customers, we will be wearing face masks and we ask that everyone entering the shop wear Face covering at all times. If you do not have your own, we would ask you use the disposable masks that will be available at the door for a fee of £1.00. Other masks are also available to purchase. Children over 2 years would also be required to wear face covering.
- We understand in our small shop it will be difficult to follow the social distancing guidelines, but please show consideration to others when moving around in the shop.
- Please do not lean on the cutting table and if waiting for service please observe safe queuing distance.
- PLEASE do not touch anything unnecessarily.
- Handles, doors and surfaces will be cleaned regularly with alcohol sanitiser.
- Please use contactless payment if possible (card, apple pay, android pay, etc), please avoid paying in cash wherever possible.
- To create space in the shop, the book stand and embroidery silk stand as well as other bulk items have been moved to the classroom. Remnants will be displayed laid out separately to view on a table positioned outside if weather permits or in the classroom. Foam offcuts will not be on display, please ask if you have foam requirements.
Ordering, Collection and Deliveries
For the time being we will continue to take orders over the telephone or by e mail and will deliver locally, or dispatch by post or courier. If an order is placed before 3.00pm (2.00pm Saturday) and if the item/s is in stock, it will be delivered that afternoon subject to location.
We anticipate a daily delivery schedule as follows :
- Minehead, Porlock and in between : Daily
- Dunster and beyond : Monday, Wednesday and Friday (small orders may be posted)
Deliveries will be made after 3pm
We will take card payment over the phone.
To reduce the number of customers coming into the shop and/or requesting deliveries we will also offer a collection service. Phone or email your order and pay as above, and we will prepare your order ready for collection from the shop before 3pm (2.00pm Saturday). Come to the door or stay in your car outside and we will come out with your order.
We have a good supply of all products; wool, fabrics, haberdashery, books, sewing kits, sewing machines the list is endless, see our shop page for more details.
We would like to thank our customers who have supported us over the past difficult weeks.