Fabric, wool and haberdashery
From beginners to sewing projects to those who have gained some experience and would like to make a simple garment. This friendly small group (max 5 people) work with experienced fashion and textiles Tutor Gary Mills with their own or suggested suitable projects to help gain more confidence and skills in making their own clothes.
Level of Experience
This class is suitable for the beginner to intermediate
Materials / Equipment required by Attendees
- Pack of ordinary sewing machine needles suitable for your machine size 12-14
- Good quality machine thread, choose from a well-known brand such as Gutterman, Coats, Singer or similar (not cheap quality such as ‘Lidl type’ from a sewing kit, as it will knot up, break and give poor results) if unsure always check for advice from Jackie at ‘Threads’.
- If you wear reading glasses, make sure you have them with you
- Your sewing Box to include sharp scissors: large and small, pins, hand sewing needles, ruler & tape measure
- Any further requirements will be advised by the tutor
- A working / serviced electric sewing machine with two empty bobbins or Hire from ‘Threads’ (don’t forget your electric leads and foot pedal)
If you do not have a Sewing Machine, or don’t want to bring your own, you can use one of our latest Brother demonstration machines for the nominal fee of £3.00 per session.
Duration and Price
Evening class, 9 Hours over 3 weeks, £60