Fabric, wool and haberdashery
This workshop combines a mixture of contemporary textile skills to create the Hare image inspired by our beautiful Exmoor Country side.
You will learn how to transfer an image on to fabric, to then work into with applique of traditional tweeds and country themed prints.
You will use free hand embroidery to interpret drawn lines and then use some hand painted finishing touches.
Level of Experience
This class is suitable for the intermediate to the advanced.
Materials / Equipment required by Attendees
The tutor will be providing:
- All Material required
- Images to use to transfer into textile projects
- Tracing Paper
- Pencils & rubbers
- Fabric paints
- Masking tape
- Brushes, sponges and pots for painting Sewing toolkit.
Required Equipment to complete the class:
- Machine threads: black
- White tacking thread
- Hand sewing Needles
- Scissors: paper scissors, sharp fabric & small embroidery
- Sewing machine with a ‘free hand’ sewing option (even the most basic machines now come with a plate to cover the feed dogs so you can free hand stitch, so you do not need any high tech machine) don’t forget either the darning foot or embroidery foot to use when free hand embroidery.
- Important! Spare needles for your sewing machine (just in case; if you are experimenting with free machine embroidery anticipate a broken needle)Note: you will be hand painting so don’t wear your best clothes and possibly bring an apron to protect your clothes during this process.
Sewing Machine – If you do not have a Sewing Machine, or don’t want to bring your own, you can use one of our latest Brother demonstration machines for the nominal fee of £3.00 per session.
Duration and Price
3 Hours, £25 plus £5 for materials provided
The maximum number of attendees for this workshop is 6
Places on workshops are secured by a £10 cash deposit at the time of booking and balance payable on the day direct to the workshop leader.