Fabric, wool and haberdashery
This recognised Mexican female artist of the 1950’s and now iconic figure has been captured in this on trend applique and stitched 2D textile outcome. (size A4)
In this workshop you will firstly explore the possibilities of your home PC printer, when Gary shows you how you can use one to print directly onto textiles to produce an outline pattern / image to follow for your applique and embroidery designs.
Gary will then show you how you can build a portrait through block applique methods and then develop a free motion embroidery technique to outline your image. Next you will hand tint with fabric paints before using hand stitched embellishments and embroidery to finally finish your outcome.
Level of Experience
This class is suitable for the beginner who would like to explore some free motion embroidery, or the intermediate with some experience who would like to learn a few more processes and develop already learnt skills
Materials / Equipment required by Attendees
- 0.5 metre of bond-a-web
- 0.5 metre of stitch and tear
- 30cm x 30cm floral chintz or upholstery type fabric similar to image back ground
- A selection of bright and colourful scraps of fabric
- Selection of bright buttons in varying sizes for the image necklace
- Sharp scissors small and large
- Sewing Needles
- Sewing machine with embroidery / darning foot (I have spare ones if you don’t possess one)
A mixture of embroidery & machine threads which would correspond to the outcome image.
If you do not have a Sewing Machine, or don’t want to bring your own, you can use one of our latest Brother demonstration machines for the nominal fee of £3.00 per session.
Duration and Price
6 Hours, £30