Fabric, wool and haberdashery
During this one day workshop we will look at Japanese origami patchwork techniques making mini kimonos and folded blocks using both hand and machine sewing methods.
This style of patchwork is great for creating texture and interest in projects .
Level of Experience
This workshop is suitable for the beginner with some machine or hand sewing experience
Materials / Equipment required by Attendees
- 3-4 fat quarters of patterned fabric
- 2 fat quarters of contrasting plain fabrics
- Backing and wadding 30” x 12”
- Co-ordinating thread
- Bits of cord/ribbon buttons for trim
- Basic sewing kit
- 1/4” foot for machine If you have one
- Sewing machine
If you do not have a Sewing Machine, or don’t want to bring your own, you can use one of our latest Brother demonstration machines for the nominal fee of £3.00 per session.
Duration and Price
6 Hours, £30