Fabric, wool and haberdashery
Ever thought what you could do with all those collected bits of memorabilia; those can’t throw away pieces which hold past-memories of times, of loved ones or a special occasion? Well you could make these playful and secretive little keep-sake tins.
Come for the morning and explore ideas, put together concepts and narratives, learn some new techniques and re-discover old ones.
Level of Experience
This workshop is suitable for all levels.
Materials / Equipment required by Attendees
- A collection of things which generate memories, keepsakes or secrets! (any ideas can be discussed beforehand) such as broken costume jewellery, littles toys, old photographs, snippets of letters or poems.
- A small hinged tin will be supplied for you to fill or bring your own.
- Hand sewing needles
- A selection of machine threads and any embroidery threads or haberdashery you have at hand
- Fabric scissors and snips & Pins
- A selection of mixed haberdashery including buttons and trimmings.
- Sewing machine
If you do not have a Sewing Machine, or don’t want to bring your own, you can use one of our latest Brother demonstration machines for the nominal fee of £3.00 per session.
Duration and Price
3 Hours, £25