Fabric, wool and haberdashery
If you want to use your sewing machine more creatively and increase your conﬁdence with machine techniques, this workshop will help you.
Imagine drawing with your sewing machine and the possibilities are endless.
Level of Experience
Suitable for beginners to Machine Embroidery
Materials / Equipment required by Attendees
- Pieces of closely woven fabric such as calico
- Stitch-n-tear or iron on vilene.
- An embroidery hoop – approx 20 cm in diameter (spares will be available)
- Machine needles – size 90 or a topstitch needle
- Sewing machine : Check that your machine is suitable. The feed dogs need to be dropped or covered. Check your manual to see which applies to your machine
- A darning foot ( if you don’t have a darning foot it can be purchased from the shop)
If you do not have a Sewing Machine, or don’t want to bring your own, you can use one of our latest Brother demonstration machines for the nominal fee of £3.00 per session.
Duration and Price
2 Hours. £18 per person
The maximum number of attendees for this workshop is 6
Places on workshops are secured by a £10 cash deposit at the time of booking and balance payable on the day direct to the workshop leader.