Fabric, wool and haberdashery
In this one day workshop with Gary you will use a mixture of hand and machine stitching techniques to complete this delightful life size pheasant.
Level of Experience
Suitable for the intermediate with a basic knowledge of machine sewing and construction skills required.
Materials / Equipment required by Attendees
The fabric requirements stated below will be sufficient to make both the cockerel and the hen, unless otherwise advised.
- 0.75 m of fabric for body (suitable printed cottons but nothing too heavy or bulky)
- 3 x 0.5 m cotton or polycotton co-ordinates for wings, tails etc
- 0.5 m polyester wadding
- 0.25 m of yellow fabric for legs and beak
- 0.25 m blue for head & white for collar
- 0.75 m medium weight calico for lining body
- Small piece of red felt for eyes
- polyester toy stuffing
- 2.5 m of galvanised strong wire plus thin wire to wrap to hold legs together.
- Basic sewing kit
- Needles and threads in beige and dark colours including blue and red.
- heavy duty wire cutters
- Small and large scissors.
- A chop stick or knitting needle for stuffing and pulling through.
- Sewing Machine
If you do not have a Sewing Machine, or don’t want to bring your own, you can use one of our latest Brother demonstration machines for the nominal fee of £3.00 per session.
Duration and Price
6 Hours – £30