Fabric, wool and haberdashery
Ever thought what you could do with all those collected bits of memorabilia; those can’t throw away pieces which hold past-memories of times, of loved ones or a special occasion? Well you could make them into little cloth memory book.
Explore ideas, put together concepts and narratives, learn some new techniques and re-discover old ones.
Techniques explored: machine and hand embroidery, ribbon embroidery, simple patch work, hand paints and stitch, transferring photo imagery to fabric, block printing with letters and found objects.
Level of Experience
This class is suitable for the beginner to intermediate
Materials / Equipment required by Attendees
- You will need to bring: a collection of things which generate memories, keepsakes or secrets! (any ideas can be discussed beforehand) such as broken costume jewellery, little toys, old photographs, snippets of letters or poems, an old greetings card, part of an old party dress, a pressed flower from a wedding bouquet…..anything on this line.
- a selection of Basic neutral fabric to create A5 cloth book such as calico or cotton, for pages and consider linen or an old tea plain washed towel to make a front cover.
- Bring along haberdashery including buttons and trimmings.
- Hand sewing needles
- A selection of machine threads and any embroidery threads or haberdashery you have at hand.
- Fabric scissors and snips
- A sewing machine
If you do not have a Sewing Machine, or don’t want to bring your own, you can use one of our latest Brother demonstration machines for the nominal fee of £3.00 per session.
Duration and Price
6 Hours, £30