Fabric, wool and haberdashery
In this follow on workshop you will experiment with free machine techniques, using diﬀerent threads, appliqué and design.
Level of Experience
Not suitable for beginners to Machine Embroidery. Ideal for those who have previously attended the Machine Embroidery for Beginners class.
Materials / Equipment required by Attendees
- Calico pieces for the background.
- Stitch-n-tear or iron on vilene.
- Machine needles – size 90 or a topstitch needle
- Sewing machine: Check that your machine is suitable. The feed dogs need to be dropped or covered. Check your manual to see which applies to your machine
- A darning foot ( if you don’t have a darning foot it can be purchased from the shop)
If you do not have a Sewing Machine, or don’t want to bring your own, you can use one of our latest Brother demonstration machines for the nominal fee of £3.00 per session.
Duration and Price
2 Hours. £18 per person
The maximum number of attendees for this workshop is 6
Places on workshops are secured by a £10 cash deposit at the time of booking and balance payable on the day direct to the workshop leader.