Fabric, wool and haberdashery
Come along and learn to print your own fabric using found and collected objects to make sophisticated patterns and rhythms on cloth. The tutor will discuss design and the use of a restricted colour pallet to obtain a professional yet creative outcome to your work. This workshop is great fun, creative and does not need any previous experience.
You will then advance to using stitch and embellishment to further work into your designs.
Level of Experience
This workshop is suitable for all levels
Materials / Equipment required by Attendees
Tutor will supply the following:
- Plain paper to sample ideas, fabric dye/ paints, brushes, masking tape, objects and general equipment for printing etc.
Students need to bring:
- short lengths of natural white fabrics to sample upon, minimum size 20cm x 30cm – Ideal is white pillow cotton or linen (synthetics should be avoided)
- Some similar sizes of quilting wadding to create small quilt samples
- Fabric scissors
- Hand sewing Needles
- White / cream button tread or white / cream Perale thread for hand stitch
- apron or an old shirt to cover clothes
Duration and Price
6 Hours, £30 plus £3 for print medium