Fabric, wool and haberdashery
In this series of workshops we will make a beautiful lap quilt measuring approximately 70” square.
With this design there are no ‘Y’ seams but we will be piecing diamonds on their bias edge, so it is not suitable
for beginners. This is a great ‘jelly roll’ project or can be made using up some of your stash from home, where your
fabrics can be categorised into 5 different groupings
Level of Experience
Suitable for intermediate to advanced.
Materials / Equipment required by Attendees
- 1 Jelly roll
- Group A: 4 x 2 ½” WOF strips (Width of Fabric = 44”)
- Group B: 8 x 2 ½” WOF strips
- Group C: 12 x 2 ½” WOF strips
- Group D: 8 x 2 ½” WOF strips
- Group E: 4 x x2 ½” WOF strips
Within each group you can use all the same or a mixture of fabrics – the choice is yours!
- 2.25 metres of plain fabric for background
- 75” square fabric for backing
- 75” square wadding
- 14” (WOF) fabric for binding
- Rotary Cutter – a new blade would be helpful!
- Cutting Mat and rulers (the ruler will need to have incorporated a 45 degree angle)
- Co-ordinating threads
- Basic Sewing Kit
- Sewing Machine (including 1/4” foot if you have one)
If you do not have a Sewing Machine, or don’t want to bring your own, you can use one of our latest Brother demonstration machines for the nominal fee of £3.00 per session.
Duration and Price
8 Hours over 4 weeks, £50 per person
The maximum number of attendees for this workshop is 6
Places on workshops are secured by a £10 cash deposit at the time of booking and balance payable on the day direct to the workshop leader.