Fabric, wool and haberdashery
During this four week course you will learn to cut your fabrics using a rotary cutter, accurate piecing, applique and quilting. Although this quilt is designed with stags heads and antlers if you would like to incorporate any other animal or motif please do discuss with Jackie. There will be a need to complete work at home on a weekly basis which should then enable you to finish this lap sized quilt in the four weeks. The finished size of quilt is approximately 50″ x 50″ (1.3m x 1.3m).
Level of Experience
This workshop is suitable for beginners with experience of machine sewing.
Materials / Equipment required by Attendees
- Cutting Mat, Rulers and Rotary Cutter
- Basic Sewing Kit, including paper cutting scissors
- Template Plastic and Bondaweb (Sufficient amounts will be provided)
- Fine tipped permanent felt pen
- Sharp Pencil
- Sewing Machine and appropriate co-ordinating threads
- More details shortly
If you do not have a Sewing Machine, or don’t want to bring your own, you can use one of our latest Brother demonstration machines for the nominal fee of £3.00 per session.
Duration and Price
8 Hours over 4 weeks – £50