Fabric, wool and haberdashery
All the rage!
A Round Tuffet to match your room décor, colour tastes or even the colours of your favourite football team.
It is 18” round and stands around 9” tall (with feet). The example in the picture was made using 8 x fat quarters from the William Morris range of fabrics from Moda, and stitched using the foundation piecing method.
Level of Experience
This workshop is suitable for experienced sewers.
Materials / Equipment required by Attendees
- 8 x fat quarters (or the equivalent in fabrics of your choice, to be cut into sixty four 2” x 20” strips)
- 6” Circle of fabric for button
- 8 x calico foundation pieces (will be supplied by Threads & included in workshop fee)
- Good quality co-ordinating thread (you may find that you need 2 reels)
The following items are also required which you can either source yourself or can be supplied by Threads (prices in brackets):-
- ¾” plywood cut into 17” diameter circular base for tuffet. It will need to be pre-drilled with 2 small holes in centre for attaching button and the appropriate fixings added for chosen tuffet feet (£12.00)
- 2 x 3” pieces of foam cut into 18” diameter circle, bonded together and top edge chamfered. (£16.00)
- 4 x feet with fixings (£20 – you may find ebay cheaper!)
- 2 ½” cover button or round disc for covering (£2.00)
- 36” square 4oz upholstery wadding (£2.50)
- 15 ½” diameter circle of black felt or similar for finishing bottom (£1.00)
- Basic sewing kit
- Staple Gun – and plenty of staples!
- 12” double pointed needle (£6.00)
- Cutting mat, ruler (with ¼” marking), rotary cutter
- Nice to have: Sewing machine embroidery needle, Sewing machine zipper foot
- Sewing Machine
If you do not have a Sewing Machine, or don’t want to bring your own, you can use one of our latest Brother demonstration machines for the nominal fee of £3.00 per session.
Duration and Price
6 Hours over 2 x 0.5 days – £45
The maximum number of attendees for this workshop is 6