Fabric, wool and haberdashery
This one day workshop with Jackie making a table runner in the twisted pole design is suitable for competent machine stitchers who may be new to patchwork and quilting.
We will learn how to construct half square triangles, nest seams and mitre corners, as well as shadow quilting and binding.
Finished size 21” x 46”
Level of Experience
Not suitable for beginners to sewing.
Materials / Equipment required by Attendees
(Based on fabrics 44” / 110cm wide)
- 35cm of Fabric A for centre pole and binding
- 30cm of Fabric B for twist
- 30cm of Fabric C for background
- 40cm of Fabric D for border
- Co-ordinating thread
- 60cm Wadding/Batting (>46”/1.2m wide)
- Backing fabric to measure at least 22” x 47” / 57cm x 120cm
- Basic Sewing Kit
- Rotary Cutter, Cutting Mat and rulers (6 ½” square particularly useful and a long cutting ruler at least 6” wide) – Nb. We do have a limited supply of mats and rulers which can be borrowed if needed
- Pencil and 12” ruler
- ¼” piecing foot without side guide (also one with guide is useful)
- Walking Foot
- Sewing Machine
If you do not have a Sewing Machine, or don’t want to bring your own, you can use one of our latest Brother demonstration machines for the nominal fee of £3.00 per session.
Duration and Price
6 Hours : £25 per person
The maximum number of attendees for this workshop is 8
Places on workshops are secured by a £10 cash deposit at the time of booking and balance payable on the day direct to the workshop leader.