Beginners Monthly Quilt Block – Churn dash
The monthly “Beginners Quilt Block”, is a series of workshops to help get you started in creating and mastering quilt blocks. It is about gaining confidence in your sewing in a friendly environment, over a cup of tea and a chat.
Experienced sewing and textiles teacher Gary Mills will help you through the block of the month, keeping it clear and simple as you put together a quilt block.
What You Will Learn in this Workshop
A monthly quilt block to master; within the session you will be guided to cut out, piece and sew, to achieve the best results when putting together a quilt block. You should achieve one if not a couple of this month’s block to take away with you. The session will also cover direction you may wish to take your samples.
Level of Experience
- This class would suit beginners to quilting.
Materials / Equipment required by Attendees
- Recommended is a colour coordinated charm pack which includes plains as well as a pattern. Or you may wish to bring along a selection of fabrics which coordinate for your own stash. Gary will help you consider fabric combinations and patterns.
- Suitable good quality machine thread.
- General sewing box containing scissors, needles, pins.
- Optional Cutting blade & mat (the studio does have one to share but as you get more practiced it would be encouraged for you to purchase some useful equipment)
- A sewing machine
If you do not have a Sewing Machine, or don’t want to bring your own, you can use one of our latest Brother demonstration machines for the nominal fee of £3.00 per session.
Maximum number of attendees