Beginners Monthly Quilt Block – Scrappy Christmas Trees
Date and Time of Class: November 2 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
To book a place/s on this workshop select the number of tickets required above and then click on 'Get Tickets' to take you to the booking and payment screen.
The monthly “Beginners Quilt Block” is a series of workshops to help get you started in creating and mastering quilt blocks. It is about gaining confidence in your sewing in a friendly environment, over a cup of tea and a chat.
Experienced sewing and textiles teacher Gary Mills will help you through the block of the month, keeping it clear and simple as you are guided to cut out, piece and sew, to achieve the best results when putting together a quilt block.
What You Will Learn in this Workshop
A monthly quilt block to master; within the session you should achieve one if not a couple of this month’s block to take away with you. The session will also cover direction you may wish to take your samples.
Level of Experience
- The class is suitable for the beginner, you will practice cutting, assembling, accurate seams and construction, pressing.
Materials / Equipment required by Attendees
- Recommended is a colour coordinated charm pack which includes plains as well as a pattern. Or you may wish to bring along a selection of fabrics which coordinate for your own stash. Gary will help you consider fabric combinations and patterns.
- Suitable good quality machine thread of a good quality.
- General sewing box containing scissors, needles, pins.
- Optional Cutting blade & mat (the studio does have one to share but as you get more practiced it would be encouraged for you to purchase some useful equipment)
- A sewing machine.
If you do not have a Sewing Machine, or don’t want to bring your own, you can use one of our latest Brother demonstration machines for the nominal fee of £3.00 per session.
- Gary Mills