Patchwork Sack Bag Workshop
Date and Time of Class: July 17 @ 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Click to book 1 or more places using the Button in the form above and pay online using your Debit/Credit Card.
A one day workshop to make this casual bucket style shoulder or cross body bag. Pattern and cutting prep guide will be sent beforehand.
This version is made from an upcycled pair of jeans and some Japanese fabric scraps.
What You Will Learn in this Workshop
During the class we will look at various techniques for stitch and flip quilt as you go, top-stitching and handle making.
Level of Experience
- The class is suitable for the beginner or the seasoned stitcher!
Materials / Equipment required by Attendees
- A piece of batting 29” x 15”
- Lining Fabric 12” X 29” plus a 6” square for pocket and plus extra for bag bottoms (0.5 m should do it)
- Old pair of jeans or 0.5 m of denim or plain colour for base etc.
- 24 x 4” squares for patchwork (or 3 fat quarters)
- Extra 8 x 4” squares for the loops for the drawstring and handle loops
- Strip of denim for handle (52” long x 3” for cross body or 33″ x 5” for shoulder strap)
- Strip of fabric for strap same length but 2” wide or 1 m of cotton webbing 25 mm wide
- Strip of fabric for tie 29″ long x 2″ wide (can make this length up from two bits joined together if you are working with fat quarters)
- Basic sewing kit
- Sewing machine
If you do not have a Sewing Machine, or don’t want to bring your own, you can use one of our latest Brother demonstration machines for the nominal fee of £3.00 per session.
- Julia Langley