Sewing Machine Cover
Date and Time of Class: November 17 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
To book a place/s on this workshop select the number of tickets required above and then click on 'Get Tickets' to take you to the booking and payment screen.
In this workshop we will be making a quilted dust cover for your sewing machine. There are pockets featuring a spool block and also an applique scissors block for keeping your foot pedal/scissors etc in.
None of the sewing is difficult but it would be helpful to do your cutting beforehand so you can take your time and then we can get this finished on the day.
What You Will Learn in this Workshop
Using your sewing machine and hand sewing we will use a variety of stitches and techniques to produce this lovely keepsake featuring your favourite fabrics and trims.
Level of Experience
- The class is suitable for the beginner.
Materials / Equipment required by Attendees
- Main colour piece 20” x 26“
- Batting same size as main cover piece and also 20” x 11” for the pocket section
- Backing fabric same size (or slightly bigger all round if doing ‘back and bind’ technique)
- Two pieces of spool base fabric 1.5” x 5” labelled A
- Eight pieces of background fabric 1.5” x 1.5” labelled B ( I used calico for the background)
- Four pieces of background pieces 1.5” x 5” labelled C
- Two pieces of spool fabric 3” x 5” labelled D
- Scissors background 7” x 5”
- Bondaweb and scrap for scissors applique
- 2” x 7” cut 2
- 1.5” x 7” cut 2
- 19” x 2” cut 2
- Pocket Binding 3” x 19” in contrast fabric
- Side Ties cut 4 of 2.5” x 10” in contrast fabrican old sheet/duvet or 2m of polycotton/calico for toile
- Basic sewing kit
- Sewing machine
If you do not have a Sewing Machine, or don’t want to bring your own, you can use one of our latest Brother demonstration machines for the nominal fee of £3.00 per session.
- Julia Langley