Fabric, wool and haberdashery
The Log Cabin Patchwork Pattern is a traditional design known to have been popular with early settlers in America. The centre square is often in red representing a fire or hearth, then using light and dark shades diagonally the illusion of shadows and flickering firelight can be obtained. It is great fun to experiment with this design using different colours & arrangements within each block and then assembling a number of blocks together in different formats to create a variety of patterns.
How we can help you with your Log Cabin Patchwork Pattern project
Find Fabrics, help and all the accessories you might need at Threads. You can browse our magazines and come and have a chat with Jackie, who loves Patchwork and Needlework and is following in the footsteps of a long line of needleworkers in her family.
- Patchwork projects ideas available in this collection
- Range of lovely Patchwork Fabrics
- All you need by way of Accessories, in our Haberdashery section
- Follow our Monthly Newsletter to get free hints, tips and tricks from fellow crafters
- Watch out for our forthcoming Courses coming this Autumn,
- Why not Visit our Shop, have a chat with Jackie, browse our craft magazines, have a chat and a cuppa and a peak at out workshop.
- Take a Peek at our Facebook Page to keep informed on all we have to offer and share and if you LIKE what you see, Jackie will of course be delighted.